A new organ has been found in the human body!
(Update: ) - general subjects
Scientists working at New York University made a statement that stunned the medical world. As a result of the investigations, US scientists announced that an organ covering the whole body was found. This organ, called the interstitium, prevents the tissues from being damaged and largest organ It is defined as.
What is the interstitium?
interstitium, interstitium or interstitial: means between formations that are close to each other (inter = ara, stitium = object, thing). This term is widely used in medicine and has a specific meaning depending on the context. For example, interstitial cystitis is a special type of inflammation of the bladder wall. Interstitial radiation involves placing radioactive material directly into a tumor. Interstitial pneumonia is an inflammation of the lungs involving the network of lung tissue (alveolar septa) rather than the air spaces (alveoli).
The international public speaks about the research done by scientists at New York University. In the research of scientists, a new mystery about the human body has emerged. In the research of scientists working at New York University, the whole body and between internal organs It was announced that a new organ was found.
It has been stated that this organ, called the interstitium, is located in the fluid-filled parts of the body and protects the tissues from impacts. It is stated that the organ, which has a feature of absorbing impacts, will literally rewrite the information about the human body.This organ is like a highway for moving fluids. It is located in the upper layer of the skin and is located between the veins, muscles, lungs, excretory system and all other internal organs.”Expression was used.
Stating that investigations will continue on the new organ discovered as a result of the research, the scientists said, “We will continue to examine how cancer spreads in some organs and to prevent the development of cancer." said. "In the past, we used to think that these connections were independent," he explained, saying that scientists have discovered for the first time that an organ enables the transport of fluids between organs.
Explaining that Interstitium is composed of strong collagen and flexible elastin, together with connective tissue proteins, experts used the expression "The fluids inside the body are dispersed from here". Working in the Department of Pathology of New York University conducting the research Professor Neil Theise, "This development will improve our understanding of the anatomy of many tissues. We expect this discovery to potentially lead to major strides in drug development and medicine." said.
What are the organs of the human body?
- There are approximately 22 organs in the human body, 78 of which are internal organs.
- The human body consists of the head, neck, torso, two arms and two legs.
- The adult human body consists of 100 trillion cells, 206 bones, 600 muscles, 22 internal organs.
An organ is a group of different tissues that work together to do a specific job.
Organs are grouped together in organ systems.
Examples of organ systems include the circulatory system and the digestive system.
The human body consists of many cells, so it is an example of a multicellular organism. A multicellular organism has five organizational layers called hierarchies. Here they are in order of complexity:
Organelle → Cell → Tissue → Organ → Organ system
- Organelles - Small structures that perform various functions inside a cell.
- Cells - the basic unit of all living organisms.
- Textures - groups of similar cells that work together to perform a specific function. For example, brain tissue, muscle tissue, and heart tissue.
- Organs - Different textures that work together to fulfill a specific function.
- Organ system - a group of bodies working to work together.
In an organ, different tissues work together to perform a specific function. These are the primary functions as well as the main organs:
- Brain it controls thoughts, memory and other organs.
- Heart pumps blood around the body.
- Alungs It separates oxygen from the air and removes carbon dioxide from the blood.
- Measure helps digestion of food.
- Intestines absorbs nutrients from food.
- Liver cleans the poisons in the blood.
- Kidneys It filters blood and produces urine.
- Bladder stores urine.
- Skin protects and contains other organs.
A human body consists of five vital organs necessary for survival:
Organs are organized in organ systems. An organ system is a group of organs working together to do something.
- The circulatory system - includes the heart, veins and arteries. Its function is to transport substances in the blood around the body.
- The respiratory system - includes the nose and lungs. It takes oxygen and removes carbon dioxide.
- Digestive system - includes stomach and intestines. It breaks down food and absorbs nutrients.
- Reproductive system - includes the uterus and vagina in women, penis and testicles in men. Its function is to create offspring.
- Musculoskeletal system - includes bones and muscles. It supports the body and allows movement.
- Immune system - contains bone marrow. It protects the body from infection.